Monday, May 19, 2008

Girls will be girls

We're back. Okay so we haven't really been anywhere...just slacking on the blog. We have lots of pictures today (in no particular order) so that you can see what we've been up to. The girls are just getting so big. The other day Molly heard the word Validate and kept repeating it and then came up to me and told me that it started with a V. I was so surprised and now we love to ask her what words start with and she is really good and figuring it out. She is also really good at learning songs right now. She has recently learned Book of Mormon stories and I am a Child of God. One of our favorites though is listening to her lay in her bed at night singing "How does her know that you love her?" If you don't know what that is its from the movie Enchanted. I love how she says her instead of she. Annie is getting to be such a big girl too. She has totally got the whole sitting thing down and has now started her own version of crawling and can get to anything that she wants to (and many things that I don't want her too). She is still such a happy baby and so good. She loves to eat which is a different thing for us to have a child that enjoys food. She can easily put down two bottles of food at a feeding. It was a miracle if Molly ever finished one. But they are both so much fun. We have had a lot of fun just being together lately minus the few days Jake was in Vegas for work last week.

Molly's new favorite past time...playing in the water. Unfortunately this has lead to many times of having to tell her not to turn the bathroom sink on and to stop spraying the water bottle on everything she can see and to stop playing with her water while eating.
We love this picture of Annie. We cannot look at it and not laugh. Its so funny!
I was spoiled this Mother's Day. Jake made me breakfast and dinner, made an adorable banner with the girls, and got me this awesome double jogger stroller. Oh it has been a life saver and so much fun to have. I have the best husband in the whole wide world. Sorry ladies.
I think I would have to say that my first day out with the stroller was a success. Not only did I get to exercise, but my sweet children fell asleep. And don't they look like little angels with that lighting?
So cute had to take a close up.
Annie's first time swinging on camera...she loves it!
The girls playing in the pool with their daddy. This was Annie's first real time playing in the pool.
When my sister was here we made tutus for the older girls thanks to my mom and some kits she sent. After that I thought it would be easy to do on my own, so my friend Kelly and her girls came over and we made some for Molly and Maria. They were so cute. Molly loves wearing hers often but she always insists that Annie wear one too. Its quite cute actually and she really doesn't seem to mind at all. Here is Annie in hers.Splish Splash!
Molly modeling her tutu

We went to a park and played one night and Molly was being so silly. This is her doing her "trick" standing on one leg.

Annie having fun at the park.YAY!!
Molly didn't want her picture taken but Jake kept trying. This is so funny you can see her trying so hard not to smile.
Caught by the camera.
Mol having a good time swinging




The girls in their adorable dresses from Grandma Jill. Thanks Jill.

Tutu time!
This picture just shows the girls personalities so much, I love it!
Weeeeee!!!!!


One thing I love about Texas (besides that everything is bigger and better) is there are geckos, lizzards and frogs of all kinds everywhere. This is what happens when we water the backyard...they start climbing the house.

Blue eyed Baby.
Molly and Maria dancing in their tutus.
And we'd like to introduce you to the newest member of our family. Leo the fish. Molly has been asking for a blue fish for a very long time so we finally broke down and got her one. She even named him herself. We love Leo very much.
Cute, cute, cute!!!

Hope you enjoyed!




15 comments:

Mindy said...

Your stroller looks great! I love the picture of your two angels sleeping. That was my favorite part of the stroller too! You can come home and get something done while they finish the nap. Ahhh... peace and quiet! For some reason that doesn't work for me anymore.

The Reese's said...

You guys make me want to have girls! All of your pictures are darling, so is the jogging stroller worth it? I've been debating if it is better than walking with the normal stroller. Fun Mothers Day.

Holly said...

Ok, I have no idea where to start. I love this post. I was actually going to ask you to update us on what new things the girls are doing and you did. I miss them so much and can't wait to see you girls in June. These pictures look like they were taken professionally Love the first one of Molly. I love how you got the water suspended in time. Finally I love Molly's hair do's and Annie's bows.

justin & michelle said...

Your girls look so cute. You really can never show enough pictures. They're so fun to look at!

The Mumfords said...

LOVED the pictures! We can't get over Annie's dimples. Hopefully we'll be able to make it home this summer - not sure when. When will you be there - June? I'm trying to talk Brad into working on the farm for a month or so. We'll see.

Holly said...

Hey just looked at the pictures again... Tell Molly her one legged standing trick is AMAZING!!!! Tutus are awesome to

Brad said...

"By the way, our Astros could take the D'backs any day." -Jake

Actually it's a scientific fact that the Astros "took" the Dbacks on only 1 of 3 days at the end of April. But, Gonzalez pitched that one for us, so you didn't really take it as much as we gave it to you. We'll see if we let you win another one in August.

MikeandAsh said...

I actually called you to ask where you got your stoller, but I ended up finding one that I liked. Your girls are the cutest!

Stacy & Nathan Cardon said...

Wow. What cuties. I love the red outfit Annie is wearing. Not fair we don't get to see them more. Little Leo sure looks like a great fish. Good luck with that. Is a dog next?

Kelly said...

your stroller is SWEET! You'll love it even more when it cools down again and you can actually go outside!

roundgal said...

Your girls are so cute. I bet grandma Jill hates that they are so far away. So I think you should come to the reunion on July so I can get to know your family all over again. ok, its a deal!

Ginger said...

I love seeing all the cute pictures of the girls. The one with Molly trying not to smile is so cute and funny. Glad you guys came across our blog, it will be fun to be in touch more this way. Also, Jake you would not believe how many people think that Hudson looks like his Uncle Jake Oyler!!

The Ulibarri's said...

You have two cute girls!! I love your blog! It is really cute. How have you been doing? Do you like Texas!! That is awesome that you where able to get outside and exercise. It feels so good to do that and you deserve it too.

Christensen Family said...

Hi! This is Holli (Lewis) Christensen (friend of Jake's from high school). I came across your blog. Your family is darling! Girls are so fun aren't they? Send me your email address for an invite to my blog if you want.
Holli

hollichristensen@gmail.com

Dustin & Arianne said...

ok you two have the cutest girls ever, they are darling! Your new stroller is awesome, way to go jake! Glad you guys came across my blog, great to hear from you...take care.