Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Happenings

Hello Hello. I told you I'd be back. This month has just flown by. Jake and I thought that without family we would have loads of down time, that has not been the case. We have been so busy, I really think just about every single night we have had something to do. Well lets get on with what you all came for, the pictures.
Here we are picking out our tree...
loading up our tree...
And decorating our tree....
Annie's new favorite thing to do...our tree was perfect and pretty for about one minute, now its just pretty...not perfect.
The first weekend in December we had our ward party. It was fun and Santa came. Annie has been saying Ho, Ho, Ho all month and when she saw Santa sitting there, she was practically jumping out of my arms to get to him, but once she got there she wasn't so sure.
And then she was sure, sure that she wanted to get out of there as fast as she could. Look at that sad face.
But Molly was more than happy to be there and was sure to ask for chapstick...you know the neccessities.
The next day we headed down to Corpus Christi for one of Jake's operations Christmas party. It was so much fun we ate delicious, bbq, the girls danced, and we got to see Santa again, two nights in a row, I am pretty sure Molly thought she must be his favorite person ever.
Here are the girls getting on their groove
Molly Moo and Santa, he even knew her name and had a gift for her
Even with the prior introduction, Annie still wanted nothing to do with Santa, even though he had a present too.
Here are the girls opening their gifts from Santa, they both got dolls, and they loved them.
After dinner we headed down to the water to see their annual Harbor Light Festival (or something like that). It was neat, all the boats were decorated and had lights all over.
So one of my hardest things getting used to since here in Houston is not having any snow. It doesn't help that all day Molly will be laying on the kitchen floor pretending she is making snow angels and building snowmen. But the other day I was playing with Annie and looking out the window and it started to snow, real snow (not Utah snow though), but still snow. I ran upstairs grabbed Molly up from her warm bed where she was peacefully napping and bundled up the kids and ran outside. The kids had so much fun. We just stood out in it for about 45 minutes and when I made them finally come in they were all very sad. It didn't stay long at all, but it sure made a few girls very happy for a few hours.
See that snow just coming down.
Last week we went to the mall, just to enjoy seeing all the holiday bustle and decorations. It was so much fun, especially because we weren't really shopping, just taking it all in. Here are some pics of us outside by some of their trees.
I love these two little girls and they are not only sisters, but they are just the best of friends.
The next few photos are from our own photo shoot, trying to get some cute Christmas Sunday pics.
It is very hard to get a normal, cute picture of Molly these days, she thinks it is way more fun to be silly. But we still love her anyways. Below are two fine examples of her craziness and cuteness all at the same time.
And here are two beautiful girls in their christmas dresses. They sure have made this time of year fun.
Here we are right before church standing in fron of our house.
Molly insists that we do a crazy picture when we do a family picture. Annie's face is so funny in this picture.
Annie was so funny. Hannah put in a Baby Einstein movie and she pulled over her pink chair and plopped her self right down on it with her blanket and watched it. It was cute.
Annie insists on wearing this hat all of the time and the walks around saying, "Ho Ho Ho."
There is nothing like a box for some good times. Here is Molly and Annie and our friend's son Lucas.
And finally, here we are as a family. We hope that all of our family and friends have a Merry Christmas. Wherever you are, know that we are thinking about you and are missing you. As you can see we have to be one of the most blessed families in the world. We feel so fortunate to be parents to these two beautiful girls and to know what our Savior did for us. It makes the difficult times so much easier, the good times even better. Once again, we love you all and if you are worried you won't be able to feel the true meaning of christmas, just be at our house on Christmas morning, and you'll get the chance to see two little girls and their pure simple joys, and their unconditional love. That's what christmas is all about. Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm just sitting here bawling. I miss you guys and your precious girls... Why does everything have to be so hard sometimes?

123 checkoutourfamily said...

Way cute! Your girls are so much fun and just the cutest. I love Annie's dimples--and so will all the guys. Molly is tiny but spunky and oh so funny. She seems like such a great big sister.

recovery for a 2nd c-section is so much faster. I think the dangerous thing now is remembering I can't lift for a while. I almost feel normal and tend to forget. Believe me, the only reason we showed up for church so quickly was for the baby blessing. We had to do it then so Matt's mom could be there for it. My legs swelled up even more as we sat through sacrament. Did you have a lot of swelling in your legs? It took forever for it to go away. I was beginning to think I would be stuck with elephant legs.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Rachel H. said...

Hey! I am so glad you posted because I had been meaning to get back to you about your comment on my blog a while back (about DVR) I totally know who you are because you're in my google reader--and I see you in pics on Mindy's blog and Melissa's blog...I commented a long while ago on your blog and never heard back so I worried you thought I was a total weirdo! :)

What cute family snapshots. We didn't even get that much this year !:) What fun little girls you have!!

The Domestic Goddess in Training said...

I am so glad you got some snow! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

Not to sound heartless....but the pictures of Annie so unhappy on Santa's lap are so cute. Your girls are darling! Do I say that every time I comment? It's true.