Sunday, January 25, 2009

ChRiStMaS!!!!

We had such a wonderful Christmas this year. It was our first in our first home and both of the girls were so much fun. It was so fun to just be able to take in all of the girls joy and give them all of our attention. We were all spoiled rotten. I won't bore you, but we have a lot of pictures and they will tell all about our Christmas. And sorry about the pictures again, not the best, but thats what you get with a broken camera.
Annie in front of the tree on Christmas Eve.
Our annual family Christmas Eve picture
Of course we have to have a crazy one too
Getting ready for our Christmas Eve dinner, we always have a candlelight dinner that night.
Just a sample of our delicious meal
Here are the girls opening their one gift on Christmas eve, which is always pajamas
Annie opening her pj's
Molly opening her pj's
This is one of the many pictures that I love in this post, this is right after the girls got their pjs on and they were so excited to have them this was the best pic we could get, but look at those faces.
And this picture says it all, this really shows just how excited this little girl was all month long, and I think that it quadrupled on Christmas Eve night.
Annie showing of her pj's
Reading the night before Christmas before they head to bed.
CHRISTMAS MORNING
Running for the presents
Another of my favorites. Look at those eyes and that little grin, that is pure joy, this is what our whole Christmas day was filled with.
Annie looking around taking it all in.
Stockings
Mols helping Annie open a present.
Molly opening their art easel
Jake with his K'Nex, I love seeing the little boy in him, it makes me smile
If you look close you can see and elephant on the page Annie is reading and this is her making the elephant sound. Haha.
Here are the girls showing their pillowcases from Grandma Lynda. They love them, they each have their names sewed onto them too. They also got a tractor with a farmer and farm animals from Grandpa Lauritz to help them remember the farm, thanks Mom and Dad.
Jake with his rice cooker from Stacy he loved it (as if you can't tell) he's been wanting one forever
Molly sporting her chef outfit from Grandma Jill and Grandpa Golfball (Keven). Isn't she adorable? She also got a hair dresser outfit too, and some of the cutest Raggedy Ann and Ragedy Andy dolls ever. She loves them all. Thanks Mom and Dad.
Molly changed her clothes many a time on Christmas Day, this was one her many outfits...LOL.
Jake sporting his nice new Aggie sweater from his parents. He looks so hot in it.
Mols painting on her easel
What a cutie
Here are a couple of cute videos of the girls opening gifts. We love the one of Annie, she was so excited.






So although we all got so many wonderful gifts that we love so much and many that we will treasure for years to come, I think the greatest gift is that we were able to celebrate the birth and life of Jesus Christ. It was so fun to teach Molly about the Christmas story and what it really is all about. We loved watching her really think about the gifts she was going to give to those she loves, and see her excitement in all of the little things. I just love my family so much and I am so grateful for each of them. I look forward to many more "perfect" Christmas's with all of them.

9 comments:

jill.oyler said...

Thank our for sharing your
Christmas with us through this great technology. It made not being there a might less painful. I love you all and appreciate the time whe had to share, even if it was a sad, but memorable momment. I love you all very much and am so grateful that I did something right to have such a wonderful and caring family. Love always,

Mom

Mindy said...

You guys have to be the cutest family on the planet! I especially loved Molly's outfit... very nice! ;) Love and miss you!!!

Stacy & Nathan Cardon said...

Awwww...thanks guys. That was fun. Miss you all.

123 checkoutourfamily said...

What a fun Christmas! I love the art easal. What a good idea!

Okay, so I need to steal some time and learn how to make hair bows. I've bought a few but I'd love to learn.

I'm recovering really well from the c-section. The 2nd time around is better. I'm already picking up the carseat and Brayden.

california smiths said...

Courtney got those same Christmas jammies! Your girls look like such great friends. We spent our first Christmas by ourselves last year and it has so many pluses and minuses. I guess we have to start doing it sometime though!

Mike and Jessie Hylton said...

Your family is so cute. We miss you guys so much. Hopefully we'll get to see you this summer.

Mike and Jessie Hylton said...

You have the cutest girls. I can't believe how big they are. We miss you all and hope to get to see you this summer. Hannah I love your hair!!

Holly said...

I love it all. I am soo glad you finally got a new cord. Chef outfit is sooooo dang cute.

Rachel H. said...

How fun! Christmas in Feb! :) jk!! :) Seriously looks like a great Christmas--and seeing that yummy dinner has me craving ham with all the fixin's tonight...hmmm...might need to get working!