Monday, April 27, 2009

Running In the Rain, Just Running in the Rain...(and some cute pics of the girls...of course)

Okay so the day of our race has come and gone. It was crazy! It was raining so hard. For those of you who have not experienced a Texas rain I cannot even describe it to you...except that on that day in the few hours we were there we go over 2 inches of rain and in comparison to that Utah gets 15 inches of rain in a whole year. Anyways we were all completely soaked before the race even started. But we did it and we both finished and are anxious to complete our next race.




Here we are in the gym waiting for the race to start. (look at my hot and skinny husband.)


There were like 15 people from our ward there who ran too, it was lots of fun and we were lucky enough to have a friend keep the girls in their car while we ran. Thank goodness.



Here we are after the race wet and freezing cold, I don't think eating 3 ice cream bars afterwards helped the situation, but boy were they delicious. Jake did the 10K and he finished in 54:09, he did awesome! I did the 5K and finished in 34:48. We were a little disappointed with our times, but seems how we had to run on hills (something we are not accustomed to at all), in the pouring rain with rivers of water rushing downhill at us and doing everything we could to keep our wet pants from falling down while running I think we did okay.



This is a picture we snapped of the roadside on our way home just to give you and idea of how much it rained.




This is our very own little Fancy Nancy...she comes up with these outfits all on her own...and then she dances for us...make me smile and laugh out loud...SO CUTE!




Doesn't she look all grown up? How'd this happen I swear she was just barely my little baby Mol?



While at some friends's house, Annie was quite taken with the Fire Fighter hat...


We went for a Sunday walk last week and Jake took some pics of the girls these are just a few of our favorites.

Annie pie





Molly Moo, I can't believe how much she looks like her Daddy.



Observing the lizard.



I love this picture they are all so cute!


Well until next time.

21 comments:

Stacy & Nathan Cardon said...

Woot Woot. My hat goes off you to guys. And Molly does look so grown up in that picture on her pink chair. WoW! And I am loving that picture of little Annie on the wall.

Tawna said...

I think your times were great! I try to do 5K's in around 34 minutes. I have a 5K coming up on May 16th, and then my first 10K is on May 25th. I'm hoping to do it around 75-80 minutes (I do like 11 minute miles, pretty slow, but I'm okay with that) so Jake's time was awesome! I want to come see you guys, I've had some financial set backs with my car, but maybe later this summer?

Mindy said...

Awesome times on your races, seriously!!! Especially with the crazy rain and hills! I'm so proud of you both!

Jill Oyler said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with both of your running accomplishments! On a good day I think I'm up to a 20 minute mile - can't you feel the burn! The pictures of the girls and you guys were adorable also. Have a great day!

Love,

Mom

123 checkoutourfamily said...

That's awesome that ya'll did the Bluebell run. One of these days I might venture to a race. For now, I go jogging here and there and struggle to breathe.

The girls are so adorable! Do ya'll have a date picked out for the temple? This month is a special ward month. We went to the last one and had the Stewarts watch the kids. If ya'll want to go this month, we're good to watch the kiddos.

The Domestic Goddess in Training said...

Wow way to go guys! Pretty impressive!

The Ulibarri's said...

Congrats on the run!! That is awesome! Your little girls are getting so big and are just cute as ever!!

The Pingels said...

Congrats on finishing the 5k! We did our first race last July and it was so much fun. Good job!

Kim Walker said...

You guys look great!!! Running in the rain, not easy. You're kids are getting so big!!! Wow, where has the time gone?

ash said...

You guys are awesome and so were your times. I think your hard work paid off. Let's keep eachother running!

Whitney Harris said...

wow, good for you two on the running. I don't think you could honestly pay me to do something like that. I don't get the "high" from running I get that "I want to die" instead. too bad you had to do it in the rain too. And your girls are always cute.

The Buchers said...

Conratulations!! That is such an awesome accomplishment!! Any plans for a next race? :) Love the pictures of the girls. Hope you all are doing well.

Luke and Gini Smith said...

wow your girls are so cute you guys have a very cute blog! we put your blog address on ours i hope thats okay??

Tupou's said...

HI, this may seem weird but I am Kari wife of Sione Tupou who also served in the Riverside California mission.. Jake served in my ward.. I found your blog on the mission website.. and thought i would say, its fun to see families grow.. Your little girls are adorable.. we have a 16 mo old girl of our own and its a joy and blessing.

Justin and Melissa said...

Hi, sounds like things are pretty good with you guys. What part of Texas are you in? Good job with the running, I have been slacking. Your girls are adorable, maybe its just me but I think the older one looks like you and the younger one looks like Jake. I am glad you checked in on my blog, I like finding new people as well. How are you liking Texas? sorry this is all over the place but my little one keeps heading for the stairs so I have to run.

Wendy said...

Awesome job for not only running, but doing it in the rain!

Tupou's said...

Sione is in the hiring process for California Highway Patrol, but lately iI'm thinking we should move to Texas, its so much cheaper and less drama! Before California we lived in Alaska with Sione's parents and that was fun but not my cup of tea. Its too cold and too far away! Hopefully we will find something out soon for highway patrol and we can move on. It will be great once Sione is in the academy. Great job on the races. Thats awesome...!

Christensen Family said...

Way to go in the race! Especially in the rain. Impressive! Your girls are adorable!

Cherie said...

I'm impressed my your diligence getting in shape for the race and then accomplishing it! Good luck on the move. Maybe we'll get to see more of you. But then I did see you in Houston. Thanks for the pics!

ljdoelling said...

Wow! Great job on the run. I loving running in the rain. It is refreshing. It beats the humidity! Your girls are so beautiful! I miss you.

Christensen Family said...

You guys are awesome to run a race in the rain. Way to go. Good luck on the 1/2 marathon Jake (if you haven't already ran it). I just did the one in Logan last weekend. Let me know how you do!