Sunday, April 05, 2009

What’s Been Going On

March 09 267
Is there anything better to do on Conference Sunday than go on a walk with the Ladies. As you can see they are enjoying themselves. Molly in her Ruby red Slippers and Annie's cute little Chubby legs. 

I'm sorry about the sound on the video. We saw a bunch of ducks and it was so cute because they were pretending to be ducks, but the wind was blowing bad enough that it didn't turn out that great. Take what you can get.
March 09 274
And this is the kind of picture you get when you say, “Give me your best smile.” They are really cute, but it wasn’t quite what I was thinking. 
March 09 230
The Shell Houston Open (A golf Tournament) was in town and I have a favorite ESPN radio show I listen to in the morning called Mike and Mike. Anyway, they were in town and a friend from church won tickets so I woke up at 5 in the morning and went. As you can see, they are really excited to be hanging out with me. I’m usually a little anti-celebrity, but I couldn’t be there and not get at least one picture….right?
 March 09 242
I may be anti-celebrity, but not anti-professional athlete. After the radio show I walked around the course and watch the players (sergio, appleby, Couples) play in a pro-am. In each gallery there were maybe 15 people watching, so you really got close and personal with the players. This picture is of Vijay Singh…not the celebrity Tiger Woods is, but I’ve never seen a swing like his…alright, I’m starting to let my man-crush slip out a little, not particularly with Vijay, but more with the awesomeness of people who get paid to play sports. I don’t expect you to understand, but there is something about the awesomeness of a perfect golf course, plus seeing someone who is almost perfect playing the perfect game that sends chills up the spine…ok, not the spine, but my spine. Alright, I’m done…
 March 09 252
The girls ran into the Easter Bunny at the Mall and he turned them into Rabbits. They didn’t seem to mind. 
March 09 255
Temple Night Date Night, followed by a Sonic Shake….Yum. 
March 09 261
Molly and I had our first Daddy-Daughter Date (actually, Molly says this is not a date because a date is when you got to dinner, like in New York City….she has seen Enchanted a couple of times). But we had a lot of fun. We first went to Sonic for some ice cream. (Obviously all of my dates contain ice cream). Then we went to the park and played.
March 09 264
Of course there is always time for a crazy picture.
March 09 266
This is where we were playing “Prince and Princess” and at the royal ball there was a competition to see who could balance on this beam. Anyone who fell off was sure to meet their fate in pit of crocodiles.

10 comments:

Stacy & Nathan Cardon said...

Looks like you guys are staying busy! How fun to meet your radio guys. And how cute is Annie's hair in an actual hair-do...go Hannah. I can't wait for Claire to get out of this mullet phase. The daddy/daughter date (ice cream / park adventure) sure looks fun. Miss you all. I am glad Molly knows what a true date is and that she knows what it means to truely be pampered. You are teaching her well.

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

What fun! I totally get the athlete awe-thing.
Actually, one of my most embarrassing moments involved looking like a uneducated-football-foofhead in front of a pro quarterback. Every time I think about it all of the nerves from my neck to my forehead flip over. Happily- you have better social skills than I.

Three Men and a Janie said...

You guys seem like the happiest people! I love the pictures when your girls give silly smiles. CUTE!

Kelly said...

ooo--why am I jealous of your Mike and Mike picture?

123 checkoutourfamily said...

Fun pictures! I love the pic of the ya'll by the temple.

Molly sure has a great imagination. I bet the daddy-daughter date was tons of fun!

Holly said...

annie really needs to visit the farm so she can get her animals straight

Whitney Harris said...

Fun pictures. I like the idea of daddy date night. Looks like you had a great conference weekend. It snowed a lot here, 5 inches actually. :(

{mike.amanda} said...

what crazy odds! sister dibb was SO excited about her trip to texas-- i hope things went well! it's a great job, they're really amazing women.

thanks for the nice comment, and mikey says "hello!" back!

Julie said...

So cute! Love the Daddy date. Melts my heart a little. Y' all are awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Wendy said...

Cute daddy-daughter date!