Monday, September 21, 2009

Vernal or Bust

Yes. We really are back! So I am sure many of you already know, but for those of you who don't, we've moved to Vernal, Utah. About the middle of May, Jake and I were talking on the phone while he was at work. Everyday I would ask him, "anything awesome happen today" and he would say "yes something life changing" well on this day he said, I really did have something life changing happen today. And I said what...he wouldn't tell me until he came home. But what he said couldn't have shocked me more. His company wanted to transfer him to Vernal to help start up a new operation. I could not believe it. We had been planning on being in Texas for at least a couple more years and here we were faced with the chance to live closer to family, and really close to my brother and his family who also live in Vernal...what are the chances?!?! Well long story short, Jake went out of town immediately after this for work, and as soon as he returned we flew up to visit and see what we thought. We liked it well enough and felt it the right thing for our family. So we made the decision quickly and said yes. Jake's mom came into town the day after we got back (pictures soon to follow) And the day after she left Jake left to start working in Utah right away. There have been some hard times these past few months, not being with Jake as much as we like to and were used to, but we have all really loved living here in Vernal. We miss Houston so much, especially all of our friends and our whole ward and our first house. But come on whats not to love about Vernal....and we are so much closer to family and have seen them much more in these past months than we had in the 3 years we lived away. Well here are a few pics as promised, and many posts to catch you up on our summer and lives soon.

The welcome to Vernal Sign....see? Dinosaurs AND so much more!


Main Street Vernal


The Pink Dinosaur. One of the many dinosaurs that line our streets here, or should I say street.


The view out of our second floor condo that we are renting. Picture courtesy of Molly.


We really do like it here. Jake works way too much for our liking, but we are managing and we love living so close to Brandon and Mindy and their kids. We like our ward, we are happy there is a Walmart, Cafe Rio, Wingers and "so much more" here. Jake is now over hiring, and safety here and I think he really enjoys his job which is a good thing. The girls love that they get to see cousins, aunt, uncles and especially grandparents so often now. Well hope this keeps you all happy for a minute. Sorry nothing too exciting besides us moving thousands of miles from where we were and all that.



13 comments:

Jathan and Heather said...

Yay! An update! I've been wondering how you guys ended up in Vernal. It sounds like it has been great move for you guys. Your girls are growing right up. Will there be a #3 coming along here soon ;) You guys need to come visit us Oregonians sometime. Jay and I will be visiting Utah sometime in October. Will you guys happen to be in SL or Logan anytime around them? Wishful thinking, but thought I'd ask. Miss you guys, Heather

The Bryger Family said...

That is a lot of change! I am super happy for you guys though, I hope to someday be closer to family myself.

Kasey

Lars said...

Cafe Rio in Vernal? Wow things have changed there, but at least the pink dinosaur is still there! You forgot to mention how awesome it is that you are so close to Manila!

Three Men and a Janie said...

My Hubby does some work out in Vernal too - Engineering roads and stuff. We've gone with him a few times and played at a sweet park while he worked. So who knows... maybe we'll see you there! :)

Ireland Fam said...

Wow, I really have been waiting for that update for a long time. I am so happy for you but Lucas' sure does miss his girlfriends. (And we miss our favorite couple friends.) I really need to do an update too. A lot has changed around here and I need to catch you up. I truly hope our paths cross again soon.

Jami Jackson said...

Wow!! I can't believe you guys are here in Utah. That's exciting!! And how great is it being by family. We love it for that reason too. I bet it was hard leaving Houston too, but hopefully you won't have any weird floods in Vernal.

The Domestic Goddess in Training said...

We were so excited for your family when we heard the news! :) I hope the transition continues to move smoothly

ash said...

LOVE IT! Love the sign, main street, dinos, and the pic of your cute girlies (is Molly slightly bored?). I'm glad to hear that things are going well! Believe me, Houston misses you too!

123 checkoutourfamily said...

so good to see how ya'll are doing. Sounds like you're staying busy. sorry you don't get to see the hubby as much as you'd like but maybe once things settle down.

Keep the updates coming! We miss ya'll!

jhjonze said...

Welcome back! I'm so excited for you guys.

Slyck and Slim said...

We miss you! Glad you are happy here. I will show Ryan the pink dinosaur and he will want to come visit. Maybe someday we will make it up to your neck of the woods.

Christensen Family said...

Hey that is awesome that you are closer to friends. I lived in Vernal right before moving to Tremonton. So many things to do there. I haven't been back in so long. Miss it. Where are you guys at? What ward? Hope you like it there and the move goes smoothly!

Wendy said...

Finally! I know what's happening to you guys! :) I'm jealous that you guys get to live closer to family and I'm hoping that gets to be us sometime. I hope everyone is adapting ok, even though you like the move, there must be some things that are different/hard.