Thursday, October 22, 2009

More Catching Up: the 4th & moving

Continuing our Summer Journey, next came the 4th of July. My mom's side of the family has an annual camping reunion that we were able to attend for the first time in years. This year it was at a campground over by Idaho Falls. We weren't able to stay the whole time, but the time we were there was a lot of fun. They loved camping with Grandma. And it was a lot of fun to see family we haven't seen in years. We didn't take many pictures, but here are a few.




This big pink ball was a great source of entertainment including an intense "how many times can you bounce the ball on your head," competition.


Annie and I love tenting it up.


Here is our tent mate, Nathan. He is displaying his affinity for purple clothes.



There is no reason for this picture, and I'll probably get in trouble for putting it up, but I think it's a funny picture. Maybe you should try to enter a caption for what Nathan might have said to offend Hannah.

Molly spent most of her time catching ants. She even carried a pet ant around in a cup for about a day.

If you give your camera to your cousins while they go on a nature hike, they return with some beauties like this. To see the rest of their collection, click here

We then left and spent the actual 4th of July with Stacy (my sister) and her girls. We watched the Thanksgiving point fireworks from a church lawn. It was a lot of fun despite the sprinklers that turned on at 9:00.


The next day Hannah and I left our kids with Stacy (thank you again) and headed for Texas to move our things back to Vernal. Here is the large statue of Sam Houston...Goodbye Sam!

And here we are with our large truck. No, we don't own that much stuff. We ordered a much smaller truck, and they thought they were doing us a favor by giving us this huge truck. Anyway, we enjoyed being truckers for a few days.

Well, more updates to come.

7 comments:

ash said...

Gotta love Sam! You guys did so many fun things this summer. I mean if moving is fun, that is. :)

Stacy said...

Nathan decided that Nathan O had just farted...Nathan is laughing and Hannah is gasping in discuss.

Jill Oyler said...

Love the pictures/updates - keep them coming. I had a great laugh again from the hike pictures. Thanks again!

Slyck and Slim said...

Molly likes catching ants because they don't bite in Utah!!! We miss you guys and were sad when you moved. I asked Ryan yesterday who he wanted to invite to his birthday. He named three friends and Molly was one of them, go figure.

Kelly said...

While in Idaho, I was playing with my nephew and he landed in a pile of ants. I totally freaked out, running and yelling to help him. My sis was like...what?

ALSO! I've been emailing to snag your pizza dough recipe! I miss it almost as much as I miss you guys, okay, I'd trade it in for a visit from you...but wanna share? my email is ellom8@hotmail.com

Whitney Harris said...

Who knew, I didn't realize you were moving. Welcome back, you almost made it back to the good state of Idaho. I hated moving from Idaho Falls to Provo, I can't imagine moving from Texas. I am sure you are glad that is over. Hope all is going well.

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

I must be WAY out of the loop....the moving truck clued me in...when did this move thing happen???? I am so excited you are back in the west. It's not Washington, but.... I hope we get to see you guys soon.

The reunion looks like it was a blast! I love the ant in the cup.
The pictures the guy cousins took are a kick!