Tuesday, October 06, 2009

San Antonio...Aww Yeah!

So very soon after Jake took the job offer here in Vernal he started working here in Vernal, while the kids and I stayed in Houston. We decided since they needed him here quickly, we still needed to sell the house and the girls and I had a trip planned to Utah already anyways we would stay there for the rest of May and the beginning of June. It was okay. I had a lot to keep busy with, having to pack and all that fun stuff, but we missed him terribly. Luckily though Jake's company was really great about letting him come home on the weekends and be with us. One of the last weekends that we were all together in Houston we decided to take the much wanted trip to San Antonio that we had talked about since moving to Texas. We headed out and everything was going really great. We got to our hotel and the girls went to sleep really good and we were all excited for the next day at Sea World....that is until about 2 am and suddenly I heard a child barfing. It was Annie, poor girl. We spent the rest of the night helping her barf about every 30 minutes. It was so sad. She finally fell asleep about 6ish. Then we got up and she seemed to be fine. So after a little bit of being up we decided to go eat breakfast. She seemed to be doing pretty good and then just as we were about to be done eating...here came more barf. So we didn't know what to do. Jake went to the store to get some things for her to drink and stuff and in the meantime she fell asleep for a couple of hours. And when she woke up she seemed so much better. She ate and played and ran around the room. So since Molly was so excited about going to Sea World and the fact that we had already purchased our tickets online we decided to go ahead and go. We stopped for lunch and then found a parking spot and the moment our car stopped...yup more barf! We didn't know what to do. Do we become bad parents and drag our sick child around in the awful Texas heat or be some of the best parents and take our excited 3 year old to see all the cool things Sea World has to offer.  We decided to be bad parents and if she seemed to get worse one of us would take her back to the hotel and then come pick up Molly and whoever stayed behind later. She actually just slept mostly, but we felt really bad. I would say in the end it actually ended up being okay, but I think we need to go again sometime when we can all enjoy it. That night since nobody had thrown up in 12 hours we went and walked around and saw the River walk (no pics even though it was one of our favorite places), the Alamo and the night life of San Antonio. The next morning we took a quick tour of everything around the Alamo but not inside the actual Alamo...reason shown below. Anyways we loved San Antonio and hope to get back there again some time in the near future!

Here we are trying to get a family photo...oops cut off Molly's head.


So instead we went for the Mom/Daughter shot. See how happy and excited she is? Well that only lasted for about 20 more minutes. Because then the whales came out and we were not exactly dry or hot anymore. This was my first experience here as well and I insisted we sit where we could get wet...I had no idea that we were going to get soaked. Both girls were bawling there eyes out, but at the end of the day and still now if you ask Molly what her favorite thing about Sea World was she would say getting splashed by Shamu.



Daddy and his very sick little girl.


Shamu the Whale. We really did love this, it is so much fun and such a neat thing.





Jake and the girls on a ride, looks like Annie is having the time of her life.


Molly loves rides as you can see.


This was at the very end of the day before we left and Annie finally woke up. She got right up and ran all around this soft play place. She must have started feeling better.





The Alamo at night.





This is what the girls looked like by the time we got back to our hotel.


I believe this is one of Molly's photo's. She had the camera for awhile at the Alamo the next morning while we were listening to someone talk about it all. You should see more of the pics, there are a lot of all of our bums, and feet and close ups of our faces and some of the funnier ones, are of a guy sitting next to us who knew she was taking pictures and she just kept on taking them. Silly girl. Anyways, we had to go here, not only because we like historical things, but because for as long as I can remember my dad has always said he wanted to take my mom to the Alamo someday. I am not sure why, but I felt like I needed to go. Now if I can just get my parents to go with us next time.


And the reason we did not actually go inside. Look at that line. Maybe if we didn't have any kids, but with kids, there was no way we were going to stand in that line on that day.


So long San Antonio...until we meet again. Sigh.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I was so sad for Annie while reading this post, but I also got so many giggles. I LOVE Annie's face on the ride... if looks could kill. ;) It sounds like a really neat trip. I'm glad you got to squeeze it in before you moved.

Josh and Leslie said...

I went to San Antonio with my parents and Sawyer on one of their motorhome trips...fell in love with the Riverwalk!! It was super cool. Those lines at the Alamo are crazy!! I can only imagine though because we were there in November and we still could not get a picture of the Alamo with no tourists in front of it...sorry your poor little girl was sick, but Sea World looks like a lot of fun!! I made your Pumpkin bread on Sunday...delish!! Thanks for the recipe...

Ireland Fam said...

Dude, I've been to the Alamo like 5 times and have never seen a line like that. Are you sure someone wasn't holding it up? Once you go through the door you are free to go wherever you want. It's a big open room(s) and you just walk around looking at the artifacts. Maybe you were there on a crazy busy day or something and they were only letting a few in at a time. (It's too hard to keep your kids silent in there anyway.) I love the Riverwalk. One of my faves. I haven't gone to that Seaworld though because I hear people let their barfing kid walk around in there. HA!

ash said...

When I saw the title of this post I thought maybe Jake got transferred again and you would be moving back to Texas. Darn. I'm glad you guys had fun, kinda. Happy late birthday to Annie. I remember hers is around the same time as Ruby.