Thursday, November 05, 2009

Jake the Runner and The Fair

So the big day that Jake had been preparing months for finally came and went. Jake decided to train and run the Top of Utah Half Marathon with our brother-in-law Nathan. I was so proud of him. We all went to cheer them on and it was a lot of fun. He did so good. His goal was under 2 hours and he was really nervous about it, since he'd been really busy working the weeks before the race and still needed to cut some minutes off of his miles...but I guess he didn't need to be so worried because he definitely made it in under two hours. He did so awesome! I have been so impressed with his dedication to running. He has been so busy at work these last couple of months he hasn't been able to very much and he actually misses it. Hopefully he can get back to it soon, seems how he is planning on running in a big race next summer.

Here is Jake coming into the finish line. (He's the one on the right:) )



"What are you looking at?" Haha...I don't think he even realized it was us right there at the time.


Two little girls very proud of their Daddy.


Showing off the winning number...well winning in our minds anyways.


Like I said our brother-in-law also ran as well as his sis-in-law...got that?
Marci, Nathan and Jake

Right after the race and a shower Jake took off to go golfing with his friends, I know crazy huh, I think I would have probably laid down and died instead...but just in case that wasn't enough we also it up the Fair in Tremonton that night with the family. I think a good time was had by all. Molly is quite the daring little girl and begged to go on the roller coaster with her cousin Libbie, and she loved it. You can't actually see Molly, but she her head is poking up in the seat with Libbie in the yellow shirt.



Annie opted to ride the carousal with Mallory and Mia instead...boy she loves those things.


Molly also went on these cars with Libbie, Mallory and Mia. We love living closer to family and being able to go and do things like this with them again.



We had so much fun...I think Jake was exhausted after running his race, golfing and the Fair, but he was a really good sport and even went on a ride with me. Jake I am so proud of you and I can't wait to cheer you on at whatever you decide to do next.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Good times. Been having fun catching up on your summer.

Mindy said...

You better get training for Ragnar, Jake, or I'm going to kick your pants... oh, wait... we're on the same team! ;)

The Domestic Goddess in Training said...

Great job running - both of you! Such dedication! Your family is adorable. Thanks for the updates.

Tawna said...

Jake, I wish I saw you at the top of Utah half marathon! That was such a great run. I ultimately would love to do the marathon, but I haven't been able to run at all since my surgery and I miss it a lot too! What big race are you doing in the summer?

Jill Oyler said...

I too am impressed with your running skills - walking is my lame limit. Love the updates - keep them coming. They make my day!