Thursday, September 16, 2010

First Day of School...and the rest of our lives.

Yes this day really came. I knew it was coming, I just didn't want to believe it. Molly started kindergarten on the 1st of September. I have been dreading this day for so many different reasons. But this little girl has been counting down the days until she was able to go to school since....well forever. She was so excited...not even nervous a little bit. Seeing her so excited made it harder for me to be sad...but I'd be lying if I said I didn't shed a couple of tears.



See the excitement in that cute little face?

Here she is in front of her school...I can't believe my baby girl is big enough to go to school.

By the time I took this picture of her sitting at her desk, she was ready for us to all leave, but I talked her into giving me one more smile. And you know what? She loves it...everyday she comes home happy.


The night before Molly started school we decided to take her out to dinner and let her pick the place...so to McDonalds we headed. She is telling her Daddy just how excited she is to go to school.


Annie and Molly


Jake and June enjoying all the fun too.



 I had to put this picture on because Molly going to school has been so good for these two girls. They miss each other so much during the day that when Molly gets home, they are best buddies and get along so much better than they have recently. Annie didn't know what to do with herself for the first couple of days...I think now she is realizing she can play whatever she wants while Molly is gone and is really starting to enjoy it. She has been such a big help with June too.


And yes one more picture for your pleasure. This sweet baby girl has started to smile at us alot. Unfortunately as soon as the camera comes out she stops...I almost caught this one...but she is still cute no matter what.We sure love this little June bug.

8 comments:

Mindy said...

You can totally tell Molly loves school from those smiles! Congratulations, Miss Molly!

Jed said...

I can't believe you guys have a kid old enough to be in school! That's just crazy!

Jill Oyler said...

Tell Molly that I'm so proud of her. She does look like the most adorable kindergartner I've just about ever seen. The other pictures are just too adorable. Thank you so much for sharing.

meg baker said...

Oh your girls are just too cute! I can't believe that Molly is in kindergarden. I'm just super grateful that I get Austin at home for an extra year. Yeah October birthday! I have heard that Molly is super ready and prepared for school so I'm not surprised she loves it so much!

Cherie said...

Molly in school... How the time flies! It is fun to see the girls and how well you are all doing.

Kristin said...

Oh my word. Molly is so cute. I can't believe she is in school! She looked so excited, those pictures were adorable.

Slyck and Slim said...

Look at your cute girls! Junie looks a lot like Annie. Can't believe Molly is old enough to be in K. She is sure a beauty!

Jathan and Heather said...

Pre-school? Wasn't she just a tiny tiny newborn at my wedding shower? What the heck!!!