Monday, May 14, 2012

Molly Jane



Oh where do I begin with this girl? It really seems like she just grew up over night...but actually she has always seemed more grown up than she really is. Molly is almost finished with first grade. I was very  nervous for school this year because she just seemed so bored last year. She has had the best teacher this year though who has pushed her and kept her going all year long. Molly is such a smart girl. When I recently met with her teacher she told me all about how high all of Molly's testing scores are and that really she is capable of doing things that most kids are doing at the end of second grade. I am so glad her teacher works with her and challenges her. She loves school and amazes me all of the time with what she knows, I swear she is smarter than me. She is such a good big sister. She plays with Annie and loves to teach her what she knows. Lately it seems like they are the best of friends the worst of enemies...I guess thats how it is with sisters though. She is a huge help around the house, she is so good at making her bed without being asked and likes to do some extra chores every once in awhile. She loves June and loves to read to her, help take her potty, and play with her upstairs. She loves playing games and to read chapter books. I love that I can have real conversations with her and that she will talk to me about anything really. She is such a joy to have in our home.

I know there is so much more I could write about each and every one of these girls but that would take days. What I want to remember about right now is how sweet they all are (most of the time), how smart they are and the desire each of them has to learn new things all of the time, how much I love the moments when they all play together, or I catch Molly reading to all of them, or them all dancing in the living room. I love that they all have to hug and kiss each other goodbye in the mornings and my favorite thing is hearing their sweet prayers and when they pray for the other ones with specific needs they know they have. I am so blessed to be their mommy and I thank my Heavenly Father every single day for this chance. I can't wait to meet this new little one and see what they will add to our family.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Molly is such a cutie-pie! Love that girl!

Jill Oyler said...

Please tell Molly that I think she is an amazing girl and she is so special to me. She is a wonderful sister and that is a wonderful gift. I love you Molly!